Sea Change Within Us
“Karin is the consummate artist professional: easy to work with, warm, enthusiastic, imaginative, and above of all, supremely competent. The result… a memorable experience for performers and audiences alike.”
John Zoltek Music Director, Glacier Symphony and Festival Amadeus Whitefish, Montana
Collaborators & Commissions
Kaley Lane Eaton | Kin of the Moon | Beth Fleenor | Sarah Mosher (costume designer) | Doug Thorpe | Universal Language Project | Jovino Santos Neto
Wayne Horvitz | Paul Rucker | Omar Willey | Sam Boshnack Quintet | Theatre Puget Sound | Book-It Theater/Circumbendibus Vol. III | Beki Wilson/Out of Line
Dave Chapaitis | Mack Grout | Tacoma Urban Orchestra | String Orchestra of the Rockies | Northwest Symphony Orchestra | Craig van den Bosch | Gossamer Collective | Simple Measures | Emily Ann Peterson | Glacier Symphony and Chorale | The Starry Night Chamber Orchestra | Phillip A. Peterson
Seattle Against Slavery | JUBILEE | Michael Owcharuk
UW Chamber Singers | Seattle Jazz Composers Ensemble
- Dance is a radical and vital art.
- The movements we make matter.
- is at the essence of all life;
- connects us to the mystery, wonder, beauty, and joy in our complex existence;
- provides humor, healing, and play that is vital to our well-being;
- gives us a connection to ourselves, and a connectedness toward others;
- is a returning of the mind to the body and a respite from a tethered life to our ever increasing disembodied technological world.
- The power of transformation through movement can be experienced both in the practice, performance, and viewing of dance.
- We are all dancers.
- Karin Stevens Dance is more than a dance company; this is a way of life.